Monday, March 23, 2009

A Couple's Guide to Touring Wineries

if I had to compile a list of times that I’ve been truly, unreservedly happy, many of them would involve wine tasting. I love feeling the slight chill of the air while walking through the barrel rooms and smelling the fermentation. And few things are better than exiting a tasting room into the sun and taking in the green hills.

I particularly savor wine tasting in late fall when the leaves on the vines are red and gold and the tasting rooms are far from crowded. A couple of weeks ago, however, I was hankering for a vacation and headed to Napa and Sonoma, CA for a long weekend. Despite the bare, pre-spring vines, the symmetry of the rows and the yellow mustard weeds that colored the vineyards were remarkable.

For any wine lover, it’s hard not to enjoy a wine excursion. But there are ways to make one even better. Knowing that I would be writing my first wine column for Hitched, I compiled a list of eight "before, during and after" tips to help you make the most of your next wine trip.
news source :- A Couple's Guide to Touring Wineries

No comments: